January Students of the Month
K-2 Autism: Lillian Rivera
3-6 Autism: Richard Luna
KC: Isabella Young
KL: Lia Vaquedano
1A: Jacob Valente
1M: Emma Legaspi
2D: Kamren Ferreira
2O' Jessica Kaszubowski
3Foy: Sarah Drahos
3M: Arianna Roman
4G: Patryk Kaszubowski
4N: Liam Rock
5F: Ana Guimaraes
5Q: Madeline Almanzar
What's New at Aldene
Aldene Talent Show 2016
Aldene’s talent show will be held on March 16th at 1:30 and again at 7:00pm.
The talent show will be under the direction of Mrs. Cogswell and Ms. Quaglia.
Auditions will be held after school on February 17th from 2:50- 4:30.
The talent show is going to be different than in previous years, so please note the new requirements:
- Each act must not exceed 2 minutes in length. Some samples of past acts are: vocalists, dancers, actors, comedy skits, karate forms….
- ALL song lyrics must be school appropriate. Please bring a copy of lyrics with you to auditions.
- The talent show will be one hour in length (compared to two hours in previous years). There are 24 slots open. If we have more than 24 acts auditioning, we will have to make cuts.
- Judging of acts will be done by Mrs. Cogswell and Ms. Quaglia
- Please notify us at audition time of any equipment needed (microphone, mats, piano, etc.)
- Each act must be PERFORMANCE READY at the time of auditions. If an act “needs work” at audition time, it will not be considered for the talent show. Please come prepared!!!!!!
There will be two run-throughs that will take place before school on March 7th and March 10th from 7:45-8:20.
If you have any questions, please email Mrs. Cogswell: email@example.com.
Follow Us on Twitter! Click the flyer for more information!
twitter flyer December 2015.pdf
__________________________________________________________________Please Note the District's Attendance/Tardiness Policy:
Board Policy on Attendance.doc
**Additionally, Parents are not allowed to bring in any items except eyeglasses and lunch during the school day. No homework, projects, instruments, sneakers, etc...***
You are invited to pre-pay for your child’s lunch. You may either send in a check made out to ALDENE SCHOOL, or use the Payforit online system. For questions about your child’s account, please contact the Food Services Director, Priscilla Fabregas at 908-241-2076 x 2076 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payforit Parent Flyer.docx
Pomptonian POS parent letter.doc
As a reminder, extra slice of pizza are available on Fridays for $2.00. Your child may bring cash, or use credit from their accounts. CHILDREN MUST PRE-ORDER EXTRA PIZZA DURING THE MORNING LUNCH COUNT.
Volunteers are needed to help maintain the Library/Media center. Please contact Mrs. Leonardis at email@example.com.
Birthday Celebration Policy-Please read prior to sending in food for any reason Birthday Celebrations-Nurse.pdf
Please note, children should not arrive at school before 8:15. At the conclusion of our school day, dismissal is at 2:50 pm. The school is not responsible for supervising students before/after these times. If you are unable to drop off or pick up your child at these times, the Work/Family Connection provides before- and after-care, beginning at 7 am and concluding at 6:30 pm. www.workfamily.org
work Family Connection.pdf
- Procedures for drop-off and pick-up:
- While we are often fortunate to have assistance from the RPPD, all parents are responsible for knowing and following the correct procedures for everyday usage. The area outside of the gate and marked in yellow is for drop off and pick up ONLY. This means your child is getting out of the car and you are pulling away. You should pull into the line, and pull all the way up to the front. You may not remain at the curb once your child has exited the car. This helps maintain the safety and efficiency of our arrivals and departures.