October Students of the Month
KC: Siaka Gassama
KL: Gracie Booth
1A: Sydney Becker
1M: Cara Ramirez
2D: Kylie McCall
2O': Sharad Patel
3FOY: Mariah Ortega
3M: Cristiano Ambrosio
4G: Miha Banic
4N: Juila Perez
5F: Omar Mafarjeh
5Q: David Fernandez
K-2 Autism: Stefan Banic
3-5 Autism: Richard Luna
What's New at Aldene
- The Fourth Grades visited the Sterling Hill Mining Museum in Ogdensburg, NJ to enrich their science study of rock and minerals
- Kindergarten are gaining independence, becoming more responsible in organizing and maintaining their own materials
- Fourth and Fifth graders in Mr. Dimakos' class worked very hard to write personal narratives about their favorite fall activity.
- Third grade studied pumpkins, learning about their life cycle, using seeds to explore place value and estimation, and roasting the seeds an a healthy snack.
- The Fire Department treated students to a fun safety lesson and tour of the truck
- On 10/8/15, parents and grandparents visited our school to see learning in action.
- Eight 5th Grade Students participated in democracy, presenting their speeches as candidates for Student Council.
- Our annual Halloween tradition of the parade, singalong, and class parties was a success!
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________Please Note the District's Attendance/Tardiness Policy:
Board Policy on Attendance.doc
**Additionally, Parents are not allowed to bring in any items except eyeglasses, and lunch during the school day. No homework, projects, instruments, sneakers, etc...***
You are invited to pre-pay for your child’s lunch. You may either send in a check made out to ALDENE SCHOOL, or use the Payforit online system. For questions about your child’s account, please contact the Food Services Director, Priscilla Fabregas at 908-241-2076 x 2076 or email@example.com.
Payforit Parent Flyer.docx
Pomptonian POS parent letter.doc
As a reminder, extra slice of pizza are available on Fridays for $2.00. Your child may bring cash, or use credit from their accounts. CHILDREN MUST PRE-ORDER EXTRA PIZZA DURING THE MORNING LUNCH COUNT.
Volunteers are needed to help maintain the Library/Media center. Please contact Mrs. Leonardis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Birthday Celebration Policy-Please read prior to sending in food for any reason Birthday Celebrations-Nurse.pdf
Please note, children should not arrive at school before 8:15. At the conclusion of our school day, dismissal is at 2:50 pm. The school is not responsible for supervising students before/after these times. If you are unable to drop off or pick up your child at these times, the Work/Family Connection provides before- and after-care, beginning at 7 am and concluding at 6:30 pm. www.workfamily.org
work Family Connection.pdf
- Procedures for drop-off and pick-up:
- While we are often fortunate to have assistance from the RPPD, all parents are responsible for knowing and following the correct procedures for everyday usage. The area outside of the gate and marked in yellow is for drop off and pick up ONLY. This means your child is getting out of the car and you are pulling away. You should pull into the line, and pull all the way up to the front. You may not remain at the curb once your child has exited the car. This helps maintain the safety and efficiency of our arrivals and departures.